AB 1036 (McCarty) Compost
Summary: AB 1036 seeks to address the disparity between the statewide goals and mandates to divert organic waste from landfills and the contradicting regulations from state agencies involved in permitting organics recycling facilities.
Position & Status: CAW is the sponsor of the bill.
- Introduced February 16th, 2017
- Passed Assembly Natural Resources committee April 3rd, 2017
- Passed Assembly Appropriations committee April 26th, 2017
- Passed Assembly Floor vote May 4th, 2017
- Next Step: Will be heard in Senate Environmental Quality committee. No hearing date set.
Description: If the state is to achieve diversion goals, including 75% organics diversion by 2025 set by last year's Short Lived Climate Pollutant bill signed into law, significant expansion and construction of organics infrastructure is needed.
Contact: Nick Lapis, (916) 443-5422