The regular session of the legislative year ended in the early hours of Sept 12, sending several CAW-sponsored recycling bills to the Governor's Desk.Â These include:
- AB 48 (SaldaÃ±a) which phases out toxic electronics;
- AB 548 (Levine) which requires building owners to provide recycling services for tenets in multifamily residences;
- AB 1109 (Huffman) which requires reductions in energy use for lighting;
- SB 966 (Simitian) which creates model, free, in-store disposal programs for unused and expired pharmaceutical drugs; and
- SB 1021 (Padilla) which provides grants for multifamily recycling.
All of these bills will be signed or vetoed by the Governor in the next 30 days, and they all could use your support.
What You Can Do:
- Ensure that these important environmental bills are signed by the Governor by Taking Action! on their respective bill pages.Â