The Assembly Select Committee on Waste Reduction and Recycling in 21st Century California has its third Select Committee hearing this year, this time in Los Angeles at Junipero Serra State Office Building.
Topics include recycling market development and incentives, and there will be opportunities for public comment. The hearing will be chaired by Assemblymember Rich Gordon (D-Menlo Park), with Jackie Cornejo, Director, Don't Waste LA and Greg Good, with Office of Mayor Eric Garcetti among the experts scheduled to testify.
Here is the agenda:
10:00 a.m. Welcome, Opening Remarks and Introductions
• Chairman Rich Gordon (5 minutes)
• Members ofthe Select Committee (5 minutes)
10: 10 a.m. Overview: California's Funding of Waste Management/Recycling Infrastructure
• Brenda Smyth (Branch Chief Statewide Technical & Analytical Services), CalRecycle
• Infrastructure and Financing Needs
• State Investments - Possible Approaches
10:30a.m. Local Government Focus: New Approach to Solid Waste/Recycling Challenges
• Jackie Cornejo, Director, Don't Waste LA
• Greg Good, City of Los Angeles, Office of Mayor Eric Garcetti
• Karen Coca, Los Angeles Bureau of Sanitation
11:15 a.m. Promoting Recycling in California: Market Development & Incentives What works? What is needed? Where do we go from here?
• Leon Farahnik, Carbonlite
• Eric Potashener, Recology
• Mike Centers, Titus Services
12:00 p.m. Public Comment (15 minutes)
12: 15 p.m. Closing Comments and Next Steps for the Select Committee
Chairman Rich Gordon