SB 458 (Wiener) Beverage Container Recycling Pilot Projects
Summary: In light of California's beverage container recycling center closure crisis, SB 458 authorizes the creation of five pilot project recycling centers across the state. Until 2022, these centers will bring beverage container recycling services to areas that currently have little to no ability to redeem their deposits paid on beverage containers.
Position & Status: CAW supported the bill.
- Introduced February 17th, 2017
- Passed Assembly Natural Resources Committee April 3rd, 2017
- Passed Assembly Appropriations Committee May 24th, 2017
- Passed Assembly Floor vote (73-2) May 30th, 2017
- Passed Senate Environmental Quality Committee July 5, 2017
- Passed Senate Appropriations Committee August 28, 2017
- Passed Senate Floor (30-0) September 12, 2017
- Passed Re-Referral to Assembly Natural Resources Committee September 13, 2017
- Passed Assembly Floor vote (52-22) September 15, 2017
- Signed into law on October 10, 2017!
Contact: Kelly McBee, Policy Analyst (916) 443-5422