A new report in the Journal Science shows huge increases in the amount of plastic pollutions in the world's oceans.
Californians Against Waste continues to fight to protect our state's first-in-the nation statewide ban on single-use plastic bags against an agressive campaign spending spree by big out-of-state plastic companies to repeal the law.
Here are just a few of the many articles on the report that are coming out of countries around the world:
- New York Times: Study Finds Rising Levels of Plastic in Oceans
- NPR: 8 Million Tons of Plastic Clutter Our Seas
- The Independent: Plastic waste in ocean to increase tenfold by 2020
- Newsweek: Eight Million Tons of Trash Added to Ocean From Land Each Year
- Washington Post: Humans are putting 8 million metric tons of plastic in the oceans — annually
- CNBC: Oceans fill with plastic—and it's hard to remove
- Toronto Star: Up to 13 million tonnes of plastic enters oceans each year, study finds