A flurry of bills have been introduced this week on product stewardship-type recycling programs:
- Assemblymember Chesbro - AB 2138 Ocean Plastic Waste
- Assemblymember Chesbro - AB 2139 Product Stewardship Framework
- Assemblymember Bob Blumenfield - AB 2176 Lighting
- Senator Corbett - SB 1100 Household Battery
- Assemblymember J. Perez - AB 2398 Carpet
Also, Assemblymember Huffman's Paint bill (AB 1343) is a 2-year bill.
Product stewardship is a principle that encourages manufacturers to take increasing responsibility for the end-of-life management of the products they produce.