Did you know that the International Coastal Cleanup is the world’s biggest annual volunteer event?
In 2014, the global organizer Ocean Conservancy worked with local organizations in 91 countries, coordinating 560,000 volunteers in picking up more than 16 million pounds of trash. This year, International Coastal Cleanup Day is on Saturday, September 19, and Californians throughout the state are registering with their local organizations to join the fun!
Californians Against Waste is proud to work with many of these organizations to ban plastic bags and stop other types of pollution in hundreds of California communities, and we invite you to register and join them one of Saturday's events. If you’re on social media, show us pictures of your handy work @cawrecycles and include the official international hashtag #2015Cleanup.
- Around the World (Ocean Conservancy)
- Around California (Surfrider Foundation)
- Around California (California Coastal Commission)
- Around California (California Coastkeeper Alliance)
- Los Angeles County (Heal the Bay)
- San Francisco Bay Area (Save the Bay)
- Greater Sacramento Region (American River Parkway Foundation)
If you know of an organization you would like listed here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support and all the individual actions you take to protect the environment.
See you Saturday!